In this Months news - new evidence on why you should smudge, smudge, smudge!!
What do you say?
You've never heard of smudging before? or you've seen it and not known what the hell that person is doing... some sort of woo woo ritual?
Let me tell you, it is FAR from that!
It is an ancient art that's been practiced for hundreds of years . It is a daily act of cleansing and purification which uses herbs, dried flowers, and sage which are bundled together with string. You then ignite it and carry it around in a pottery or metal vessel to prevent the ash from being spread around. All while it is smoking and cleansing the air. You should move in a clockwise direction around your house, not forgetting to enter cupboards, bathrooms and laundries.
The smoke that comes from these beautiful little smudge sticks cleanses negative energies to purify living spaces and areas that have history i.e you'd smudge before moving into a new house. It usually is done twice a year in a proper ceremony where you chant and release the negative energy in every crevice of your home.
In high enough concentration the negative ions can clear the air of mould, pollen, pet smells, odours, bacteria and even viruses. They do this by attaching to positively charged particles in huge numbers which cause germs, mould and pollen to become far to heavy to stay airborne. They fall to the floor or attach to a nearby surface, preventing them from causing health issues such as respiratory issues.
Due to all of our electronic gadgets, including computers, TVs, washing machines, as well as carpet and upholstery, our homes have become what some described as “positive ion prisons.” That’s why negative ions that occur from smudging can be so beneficial in counteracting these effects.
We here at Mum Emporium HQ and in our houses manage to clear the air at least once a week - to get rid of those nasty arguments and negative energies that you don't want wreaking havoc on your health.
Here are 8 benefits of smudging!
- Increasing your sense of well-being and improving mental focus.
- Clearing negative energy.
- Nature's Antidepressant - like spending day at the beach
- Clearing the air - almost like an air purifier in your room for up to 30 days after you've smudged!
- Cleansing objects - before you bring things into your home from marketplace or gumtree. You never know where they could have been!
- Relaxing effects - the negative ions are absorbed directly into your bloodstream which help your body to fight off free radicals that can lead to ageing and disease.
- increased energy - shown to help increase serotonin levels in the brain.
- Improved sleep - not breathing in all those germs and spores that shouldn't be in our homes.
So, if you've never smudged before, it doesn't take long, get on board the negative free environment train and make sure you can help yourself feel the best you can feel in 2020.
Pictured - The beautiful @smudge.co Sticks that we've been using. They smell divine and also have an array of Tahitian-like flowers included. Hence the name, Tahiti Avenue.
We couldn't agree more!