Feeling overwhelmed during this time of Isolation?
Here at ME HQ we are both feeling overwhelmed at this time. I think it is fair to say we are hanging for some ME Time and good old chit chat without a child hanging off us yelling in our ear whilst we try to have a FaceTime conversation.
We thought it would be good to share 8 Simple self care practices that can be extremely beneficial during this period.
1. Journal - Write down how you are feeling, what you are grateful for, your dreams your goals. Putting pen to paper is going to help you express your feelings.
2. Deep Breathing - Take slow deep belly breathes. During this time you maybe feeling anxious, overwhelmed, by focusing on your breathe you will slow your heart rate and restore calmness.
3. Meditate - 5 - 10 mins a day is all you need. Meditating will help reduce anxiety& stress, will help you restore focus & self awareness. Try meditating on waking or before bed.
4. Unplug - Disconnect from social media and all the negativity.
5. Exercise - Get your body moving. Get outside, fill your lungs with fresh air and vitamin D on your skin. Did you know Vitamin D is also known as the happy drug! Move your body, even if it's a light stretch. Turn the music up and dance like no one is watching.
6. Connect - Human connection during this time is very important. Get a group of girlfriends together and set up a day and time each week do to a google hangout. Personally we set 8pm each Wednesday night. We all pour a glass a wine and have a good old laugh. Sharing stories and having a good ol belly laugh is good for the soul.
7. Clean - Take this time to declutter. Even if its one drawer or a room a day. You will feel refresh and energised. Also make sure you tidy up before going to bed to ensure you start your day in a clean space.
8. Enjoyment - Make sure you doing something you enjoy. Cook, read a book, put on a face mask, now is more important than ever to do something that makes us happy.
Just remember you are not stuck at home you are safe at home and we are all in this together.
Love the ME Gals